Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Update 12/6



Heads are finally painted! Yeah! The silicone was giving me some trouble, but ultimately it conformed to my ways.

After getting the lights from Jill on Wednesday, I conducted a lighting test and a small animation test to see if my magnetic tie-downs were going to work. Unfortunately, magnets are a great idea until you puppet lurches mid-scene, so I will be using the traditional drilled-hole tie-downs. Hopefully because his feet won't be viewable much in the storyboard this will not be too difficult to work around.

With the lights I really like the LEDS in terms of clean, unwavering light quality. The lights are very blue though, and I spent a bit of time in iStopmotion doing some in-program color correction. In the actual project I may just let the light be and adjust all the color later in After Effects. For some reason both Youtube and Vimeo are bogged down right now, but there will be in the near future.

Also my site is looking good. Check it out: http://jessiekotis.com. I spent my time making my site look LEGIT. I also spent a good amount of time readying my video files for the web, compressing some stuff I've been meaning to (Digital Cinema Stuff).


2 comments:

  1. jessie -- we have filters for the led lights -- make sure to get them from me tomorrow

    any other tech issues? make sure to make a list. and see me during office hours.

    excited to see the test animation.

    sick of waiting in line for vimeo? -- invest in the vimeo plus account $59.95/yr -- super worth it

    are the clothes finished? need to see pics or bring them with you to class

    your website is looking very nice -- i am a unsure of the cross through in the portfolio section left list of links combined w/ the bolding. i would stick with the bolding only. has a weird flicker -- seems a little glitchy. tightly spaced in combination w/ no roll over is hard to tell what i am selecting. -- i am using firefox well... there you go it works nicely on chrome

    don't respond to this email use my main email

    ReplyDelete
  2. also -- are you white balancing the camera? I would balance to neutral then grade in post -- white balance first then add the filters if still not happy

    ReplyDelete