Thursday, November 17, 2011

Progress Thus Far, Part 3


Hers
His


Molds are finally done, hooray! The vaseline release agent worked and now I have two lovely molds for casting the silicone. Most of the keys broke off as I was too impatient to let the mold halves cure fully (24 hours just wasn't long enough), but both molds fit together very well and all the impressions took cleanly.

I am still scraping his mold for leftover sculpey, as he had a lot more crevices than her. Once they are both thoroughly cleaned I can pour the silicone tonight! Additionally I need to make the skulls that will be inside the silicone, but it is not wise to make them before the mold
is cured, as you want to ensure a snug fit. Their heads will be done this weekend and I cannot wait. Huzzah!

Together at last
Carnage!

No comments:

Post a Comment